Thursday, March 8, 2012

e.l.f. Studio Brushes

The e.l.f. (eyes lips face) products has been my favorite since I got the mineral eyeshadow primer. It's a great primer and helps eyeshadow really stays on all day. So I tried the brush.
All of the studio line brushes are synthetic, which means you can use it with powder or cream products. The first one I got is the powder brush as shown below.
The powder brush as you can see, has a flat top, which is great as a stippling brush. I use this to apply powder, blusher, and bronzer. I even used it to apply liquid/cream foundation. It really helps to push the product into the skin in a thin layer. But of course you can build it up if you want to have more coverage. The bristles are very soft, and it cuts really nicely. I really recommend this brush for everyday use. I've already washed this several times and it doesn't fall out or anything. To be honest, if the price is doubled, I still think it's worth it.
It is that good.

Another one that I got is the eyeshadow "c" brush as shown above. Another great brush. It is used to create a "c" shape (as the name suggested) on the outer corner of the eyes to make a smokey eyes effect. You can use this brush to apply cream/powder eyeshadow, and it won't damage the bristles.

These two brushes that I got was priced $3 each, and about Rp50,000 in Indonesia, because of the shipping cost. It's still very cheap. In comparison, you can only get 2-3 MAC brushes for the whole set of e.l.f studio brushes. So no more unreasonably expensive brushes if you can get (a lot) cheaper one carrying the same quality.

That being said, I'm now eyeing the whole range of e.l.f. studio brushes. To see the full collection details, go to http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/brushes

No comments:

Post a Comment