Sunday, May 6, 2012

NYX Round Lipsticks

Today I'm going to review the NYX Round Lipsticks, which I think is awesome. I got 8 of them online, some of them I like, some of them not really. I mean, the colors are great, but I don't think it suits me very well. But I like to mix my lipstick, to adjust the colors to my preference.

packaging

bottom part shows the color which is really handy

swatches on my arm

Circe is a wonderful beige/natural/light brown color, which I always use as a base for my lips. It helps to even out my lip color that is quite pigmented. I let it sit for a while, and then I applied another lipstick. I'm still thinking to get a brown/nude lip liner similar to this, though. The creamy texture of these round lipsticks makes it not the best lip base. But this color is also great to use as it is, it gives a real nude lip, but if you use it too much you're gonna look pale. Unless you have a very dark skin. This color is perfect for those with darker skin tone.

Heredes is a dark beige/brown color, that is perfect for everyday use. It has a little hint of red, which I think is perfect to get a nice polished lips without looking too strong. Also a great alternative for those who are not brave enough to wear red lipstick. I love this one.

B52 is a nude pink color which is great if you're going for a nude lips. I think this one can be used on any skin tone. It's really nude and soft. Definitely one of my favorite, so I use this a lot.

Perfect is a slightly darker nude pink. It's basically a darker version of B52, so I had to have it. This one has always been in my purse, bag, make up bag whenever I go out. I just take this and a translucent powder. That's it. This color lives up to the name, perfect. I got nothing else to say, really. This one is my favorite lipstick so far.

Tea Rose is still a nude pink, but I think of it as a pinkier version of B52, if that make sense. It has more pink than the nude tones in it. Wouldn't wear this too strong, I just apply it on the middle part of my lips, and then blend it all over the lips with my finger. It's a really beautiful soft pink, especially if you apply nude lip liner before and a nude lip gloss after. This color may look best on those with lighter skin tone.

Fire is a bright bold reddish pink. If you're looking for the color between bright red and bright pink, this is it. I really really love this one, but haven't got the guts to wear it.

Femme is a bright orange-red. I use this one a lot, but only on the middle part of the lips, and blend all over. Just like tea rose, but this one is to add a little bit of red. Usually I apply another color first, and then apply this on top. It gives a fresh look in an instant. The orange really helps to add more color on the face. This will look great if you don't use blushes, or use it in a very small amount.

Hebe is a dark red with shimmer/metallic finish. It's a great color, but I never use this one, again because I haven't got the guts. If I ever use it, I would top this with Femme, because it's a little too dark for me. This will look beautiful on a lighter skin tone, though.

That's it for the review. One thing I should say, is that the NYX Round Lipstick may feather a bit. It doesn't have a great staying power, so you may need to reapply after you eat/drink.
All colors are buildable, so if you want a sheer coverage, apply it lightly, and if you want a full coverage and a deeper color, apply more layers.
The NYX Round Lipstick shades can be checked on their website:
http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/products/lips/lipstick/round-lipstick
I think they added more colors recently, so in total there are 144 shades of lipstick available. That's why I love it.

Hope it helps!

11 comments:

  1. Hai,,are u Indonesian?u have very nice english :) how to follow by email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I am. thanks very much :)
      you can write down your email on the box below the blog archive :D

      Delete
  2. Hi sweetheart
    do u know where can I get this product in Mexico city?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, so sorry I have no idea :(

      perhaps you can Google it

      :)

      Delete
  3. Dari Indonesia ya. Salam kenal :)
    Aku suka lipstick yang warna femme..
    Menarik warna merahnya...

    Follow blog aku di
    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iyaaa hehehe salam kenal juga :)

      Thanks yaa

      Following you now
      :)

      Delete
  4. Hi I was wondering what do u suggest for pale skin?
    thank you

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      I would suggest femme, or another orange-red

      :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful post!! Love it!! I like the femme more haha!!

    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete